My name is Kathy Stillerman. Four years ago, I decided to pursue a second career as a full time writer, after retiring from public school teaching and administration. My blog, For the Love of Writing, is a place for documenting my journey to become a published author.
Stop by and join me when you can, as I chronicle my progress, my setbacks, and lessons learned along the way. Don’t forget to leave your comments, words of wisdom, and words of encouragement and support.
To Know Me is to Know that I:
- Live in Winston Salem and love calling North Carolina home.
- Have been married to my college sweetheart for 47 years.
- Really try not to brag about my four sons, unless you twist my arm.
- Have lots of pictures of my grandchildren (You might want to run when you see me pulling out my iPad).
- Am a Baby Boomer.
- Am a liberal Baptist (No, that’s not an oxymoron).
- Have signed the Charter for Compassion in solidarity with people of every religion and culture who practice the Golden Rule.
- Am committed to eradicating hunger in Forsyth County, where 35 % of households with children say they sometimes don’t have enough money to buy food.
My personal mission statement is: To live purposefully, love unconditionally, learn perpetually, and laugh frequently.